Sunday, October 14, 2007

Sandscrit, Hieroglyphics, and Lingo

The future belongs to Flash. Macromedia Director and it's scripting language, Lingo, are going the way of HyperTalk, SuperTalk and the Blink HTML tag.




After doing much of the programming on various CD-Rom titles (see the Boring Stuff section of my site). I had developed the ability to create just about any hunk of Lingo I needed without using a reference. I've avoided diving into ActionScript for fear of confusing myself with a similar, yet very different, scripting syntax. But, the time has come. It is looking like the Adobe Integrated Runtime (AIR) will grow into being the vehicle for delivering desktop applications created in Flash and that Director will not be advanced by Adobe. I may not have written my last line of Lingo, but I have to move on and embrace ActionScript and FlashCS3.

1 comment:

Dan Cooney said...

poor little Ling-din-o